Monday 24 September 2012

اشكال الفعل الماضى ( past tenses (Question

Past Tenses

1-    While I was playing football, my mother …………the dinner.
Cooked            was cooking          has cooked        had cooked
2-    We were listening to the radio when the light ………out
Go                              was going                        went             going
3-    I didn't hear the phone because I ……… a shower.
Was having                have had                          had              am having
4-    I did my homework and spoke to my brother again, but by then, he …………
Slept                           has slept                 sleeps           was sleeping
5-    While I was doing my homework, my brother ……………the piano.
Played                        was playing           had played             play
6-    He saw his friend while ……… down the street.
Was walking              walking                  walked                   had walked
7-    What was he doing when you ………… him yesterday.
Visited                       had visited               visiting                   would visit
8-    While he ……… a bath, the telephone rang.
Had                            has                           having                   was having
9-    I ……… my bag while I was running to catch the train.
Had lost                     lost                           was losing              have lost
10-    When I was in Alex I ………… in the sea.
Swam                       was swimming             have swum              swim
11-    We were watching TV when he ………
Came                        comes                        have come             coming
12-    While I was going to school, I ………my friend Hassan.
Met                           was meeting           had met                      have met
13-    While ……… TV, the phone rang.
Was watching            watched                  watching                 have watched
14-    She …………her room, While her mother was making dinner.
was cleaning             cleaned                  had cleaned                cleaning
15-    I could study her because my brother ……….…… football matches.
Watched                   had watched           has watched            was watching
16-    As soon as I heard the bad news, I …………Her.
Has called                 have called                       was calling             called
17-    I had made a plane before ……… it with his boss.
Discussed                 had discussed                   was discussed    discussing
18-    When the manager …………the letter the secretary typed it.
Signs                        signed                    had signed             was signing
19-    I ………… the truth until I had met him.
Don't know               won't know            can't known           didn't know
20-    We ………… our dinner before we went out for a walk.
Have                         was having             have had                had had
21-    I fell ill after he ………… the salted fish.
had eaten                  eating                      was eating                        eats
22-    I went to bed after ………… TV.
watching                   had watched             watch                      watched
23-    I had finished my work before …………the office.
left                            leaving                   had left                     leave
24-    When looked into the street he found that the car …………
goes                          has gone                went                    had gone
25-    He ……… me his telephone number as soon as I asked him.
gave                          gives                      has given             would give
26-    When I arrived at the station, the train ………so I didn't catch it.
left                            was leaving            had left                has left
27-    By the time I reached the station, the football match …………
Would start               starts            had started                    was starting
28-    ……………some notes after reading the book?
Had he made             did he made           has he made           will he made
29-    When I was young, we ………… live in a small village.                 
Were used to             got used to             are used to             used to
30-    I said "Hello" to my  uncle but he couldn't hear me because he ……… the radio.                                                                                   
Has listened              was listening          would listen           is listening
31-    She ……… a magazine when somebody knocked the door.
Read                         reads                      was reading           had read
32- As soon as the teacher……… the lesson, the students started to ask their questions.                                                                
Finishes                    have finished         had finished           will finish
33-    When Nermien went back to school, she found she……… the wrong composition the day before.                                                           
Wrote                       had written            has written             had been written
34-    Why ………… away last week-end?                                   
Didn't you go            won't you go          haven't you gone   are you going

No comments: