Saturday 16 February 2013


  1. Exercises on Vocabulary and Language Notes
    1. When fruit or other food (dots – shots – knots – rots), it is too bad to eat.
    2. Scientists can (qualify - modify – clarify – identify) crops by adding or removing certain genes.
    3.  People who do not have enough food to eat may die of (starvation – sanitation – determination – nutrition).
    4.  If you want to grow vegetables, you have to put (deeds – needs - seeds – reeds) in the ground.
    5.   Farmers earn their money from (agriculture – culture – feature – literature).
    6.   Look at the planes. They are (praying – playing – spraying – staying) the fields from the air.
    7.   Rice is the main (grade – element – substance – ingredient) of tonight's dish.
    8.  Some people believe that (volcanic – organic – electronic – titanic) fruit and vegetables are better for you than ones grown with chemical fertilizers.
    9.  Some people are worried that genetically- (applied – classified – dried – modified) crops will bring diseases.
    10.  Farmers use chemical (hormones – antiseptics – antibiotics – pesticides) to kill insects which attack their crops.
    11.  My brother wants to study (gene – genetic – genetics – geneticists) at university.
    12. (Ripened – Rotten – Raw – Medium) fruit usually tastes sweet.
    13. This tomato is (ridden – risen – rotten – molten). I can't eat it.
    14.  Scientists have made genetic (qualifications – modifications – classifications – clarifications) to some vegetables.
    15.   Many people were very hungry after the storm. Some even began to (swerve – serve – starve – observe).
    16.  (Unlike – Alike – Dislike – Look like) his brother, he's very arrogant.
    17.   He passed the test and (so – either – neither – nor) did his brother.
    18.  I wish the weather (was – were – is – had been) better yesterday.
    19.  I'm (incredibly – unbelievably – fantastically – awfully) sorry for not coming on time.
    20.  (Once – One – Ones – Twice) I've found somewhere to live I'll send you my address.
    21.  Every night before going to bed, I (hope – wish – give – offer) my mother good night.
    22. My brother trained hard for the competition and I (hope – wish – offer – intend) he'll win.
    23. I (thought – wish – intend – hope) the weather improves soon.
    24. I (insist – hope – wish – intend) we could meet next week.
    25. I wish you (can – will – may – would) try listening to me for once.

No comments: